ALL ABOUT HOW TO CARE FOR ACNE
Today on JoahBox’s K-Beauty Magazine, we will be talking all about how to care for acne, beginning with an explanation of the types of acne, as each one needs different types of care. If you suffer from acne, it’s easy to feel alone, especially if you’re still of young age. But acne is something that almost everyone goes through, even adults, so try not to let it ruin your confidence. You could also try seeing skincare and acne care as self-care, because it really is!
Types of Acne Pimples:
- Whiteheads – remain under the skin, typically small.
- Blackheads – clearly visible black “head” appearing on the top of the skin.
- Papules – small bumps visible on the surface of the skin, usually pink.
- Pustules – clearly visible, red base with pus at the top.
- Nobules – clearly visible; large, solid and painful pimples embedded deep.
- Cysts – clearly visible, painful, filled with pus, and often leave scars.
Treatment According To Your Type Of Acne :
Can generally be treated with “OTC” (Over the Counter) products, such as gels, soaps, creams, lotions, etc. OTC acne remedies usually contain salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, retin-a, resorcinol, and more. Korean skincare also helped a lot of people get rid of their acne. Tell us if you want to know more about a special routine based on K-skincare or the best products to use.
Moderate to severe acne:
Generally better treated by a specialist or dermatologist. These tend to prescribe medications that are stronger than OTC products.
How to Prevent Acne :
- Look up for the most common reasons why acne is popping up and how to avoid them.
- Wash your face no more than twice per day, and use cleansing products specifically for acne.
- Do not scrub or burst the pimples.
- Avoid popping pimples.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash hands frequently, especially before touching your face or applying skincare products.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, and never forget to put on suncream.
- If needed, visit a specialist.
- Choose makeup for sensitive skin, avoid heavily oil-based products, and always remove your makeup before sleep.
We at JoahBox know how difficult it can be to find the right product to clear your acne. We hope some of the Korean skincare we’ve included, like the AC Clear Magic gel from the brand ‘the Plant Base’ in our January box, helps you. Did you receive it? Give us your thoughts on it in a comment!